Please use the fundraiser's unique link when shopping.
This savory mix of flavors will have you thinking you ordered the ‘soup du jour’ at a five star French restaurant. Load each bowl with croutons and melty Gruyère cheese and broil for the perfect presentation. Bon appétit!
French Onion Soup
Makes 2 Quarts: 8 servings Cook Time: 90 minutes
Contains: Onions, garlic, molasses, brown sugar, cornstarch, parsley, pepper, herbs & spices.
Allergen Info: Gluten-free ingredients. This product is produced on equipment that also handles peanuts, soy, tree nuts, eggs, and wheat.
- 6 cups (48 oz.) beef broth
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 lb. Gruyere cheese (shredded)
- 2 cups croutons (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Combine contents of soup mix with beef stock and bring to a boil uncovered.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered for 30 minutes, then add red wine.
- Portion soup in oven safe bowls. Place croutons and shredded cheese on top and place under broiler until cheese is toasted. Top with grated Parmesan and serve.
- Use fat free beef or chicken broth.
- Use vegetable broth rather than chicken or beef broth.
Crock Pot Instructions
- Cooks in only 30 minutes, crock pot not necessary!
Serving Suggestions & Ideas
- Make your own croutons using French baguette bread. Cut into 1/2 inch diagonal slices or cubes. Place on cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees, turning once until bread is crisp. (About 10 minutes)
4158 Penns Valley Road
Spring Mills, PA 16875
**Please do not contact us for fundraising website links.**
Contact the fundraising group for their unique link. Our staff does not have access to that information.**
Fundraising Group Leaders:
Place a Retail Order on the Main Happy Valley Soup Company Website:
Home - (You will leave this fundraising site)